You are just starting a new business and money may be tight… You may be tempted to create your own logo (or ask your cousin) in order to save a few bucks. You may think the fee for a professional logo design and branding is “too expensive”. But hold on a second: you should read this before you decide to “save” that money. There’s a few things you’ll want to consider.
Your business’ image is very important and, as the saying goes “First impressions always count”. The same is true for your logo and business image. People will make assumptions about your business just by looking at your logo, website, brochure, etc. Remember that a logo is more than just a pretty picture. It is a tool to send a message to your prospective clients about how the world is set to see your business. Good branding should make your company’s image memorable and recognizable. An amateur logo/branding may cost you way more than you think.
5 Reasons Professional Logo/Branding is a must.
- Your business may look unstable and unprofessional. As a result, clients may feel insecure and unsure about doing business with you. Would you do business with a company if you were not sure whether they would still be doing business by the end of the week?
- Your amateur logo/branding may confuse people about who you are as a business. Unprofessional and incoherent marketing materials send mixed signals to your prospective clients, and even make them think they are getting marketing materials from different companies. They may also think that you don’t care about the way your business looks and therefore the quality of your work.
- It can make you look as a very small business. What do you think about those free VistaPrint or template-based business cards? If your business cannot afford its own business cards and/or marketing materials and it has to go for the free or cheap ones, it might send the wrong message. The lower quality materials may make it appear that you are not getting business through the door, and that you cannot perform or meet what it is required.
- It may just go completely wrong. We’ve all seen logos that are just completely wrong. Just type “Logos gone wrong” into your favorite internet search engine. If something like this happens to your business reputation, the amount of time and money that you will spend “fixing” your image will be way more than it would have been if you got professional logo design in first place.
These are just a few reasons why you should get professional logo design and branding for your business. Instead of spending hours thinking about what to do and figuring out how to do it, you should spend your time running your business and creating your more important asset: a client base.
If you have never designed a logo, a website, business cards, or other marketing material, and it is not part of the services your business will be offering, please don’t start now. Statistics show that half of new businesses fail in the first five years. Experts say that a common reason is sloppy and ineffective marketing. You will spend an awful amount of time learning how to do it and getting it right, instead of getting more clients and expanding your business.
Not convinced about your current logo? Do you need a new logo and marketing materials? Contact us so we can help you grow your business.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)