Adding a Signature to Gmail: Tutorial Steps
- Navigate to the url containing your custom email signature. This url should have been emailed to you from your Phidev Representative.
- From your browser’s top menu bar, navigate to “Edit” and then choose “Select All”.
- Navigate to your Gmail account.
- From your Gmail account, select your Gmail Settings (located on the right side of your page and shown as a little “gear”).
- From your General settings, scroll down, until you see the “Signature” settings.
- Paste the copy of your signature into the text area by right clicking your mouse and selecting “paste” (you can also use cmd+v for Mac or ctrl+v for Windows)
- Check the box that says, “Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the “–” line that precedes it”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Save Changes”.
- Return to your inbox and select “Compose”. You will see your shiny new email signature already in place in your new email.
- Smile knowingly to yourself, knowing that you’ve done a good work.
© 2008 - 2021 Phidev Incorporated